You may have read a recent article I wrote for Food & Spirits Magazine, following a trip to the Napa Valley in which I visited – and was wowed by, Varozza Vineyards. Varozza is not only one of the great historical wineries in the Napa Valley, but its one of those boutique, family-owned operations that I regard so highly, and best of all, they make amazing wine!
With that said, I’m excited to announce that The Omaha Wine Review in partnership with Vivino, Corkscrew Wine & Cheese, and Varozza Vineyards will be launching the inaugural “VivinOmaha” event on Sunday, July 23, from 1-5pm. All participants will receive the following:
- Six one-ounce pours from a vertical of Varozza Cabernet Sauvignon, vintages 2007 to 2012 (retail on these bottles ranges from $50 to upwards of $90)
- Complimentary bread, cheese, and charcuterie
- Waived corkage on all bottles of wine purchased and consumed on-premises
- 20% off wine by the glass all afternoon
- The opportunity to meet and network with other Omaha-area wine enthusiasts and Vivino users
- The chance to rate six killer Napa Cabs on Vivino
If you already use Vivino (and you should) then that’s fantastic, but if not, no problem. The app is free to download on all platforms. The VivinOmaha event will take place in the back room and patio at Corkscrew in Blackstone. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. For the best price, sign up in advance using the link below:
I just rated my 4,000th wine on Vivino this past week. If I’m being honest, as many wines as I’ve tasted since becoming an enthusiast, I’d never remember most of them if I didn’t have Vivino. In addition to great recommendations and content, it also helps me log my tasting notes for future use. I look forward to adding these six terrific Varozza Cab Sauvs to my reviews at Corkscrew in Blackstone on July 23rd, and I hope to see you there.